- The instructor will be courteous, polite, tidy and punctual and behave in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- The training car will be well maintained, clean and tidy (weather permitting). It is fitted with dual-controls and is fully insured for driving tuition purposes.
- The instructor will not use your lesson time for any other form of business, personal or otherwise without your expressed permission.
Driving licence and eyesight
- The pupil must hold a current, valid driving licence which must be produced on your first driving lesson.
- Pupil must agree to have licence checks before they begin having lessons.
- If the pupil receives any endorsements on their licence whilst receiving driving lessons with Clare’s School of Motoring, they must inform the instructor immediately.
- You, the pupil must ensure that you can read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres (i.e. 67 feet – approx. 5 car lengths) with prescribed visual aids (i.e. glasses or contact lenses) if worn normally. Please note, if you need contact lenses or glasses to achieve this you must make sure you wear them on every driving lesson.
- The pupil is advised to wear suitable footwear and clothing which does not restrict movement or which is inappropriate, distracting or could lead to embarrassing situations.
- It is important that the pupil acts responsibly and gives their undivided attention to the driving task at hand.
- In an emergency situation it is important you follow my instructions and allow me to take control of the steering wheel if necessary to avoid an incident. I may also need to make use of the dual controls (i.e. brake and/or clutch) and override your use of them. When it is safe to do so, I will advise you of why my actions were necessary.
- The instructor will do their best to deliver instructions or take any actions in a calm and measured manner so as not to alarm the pupil or make them feel uncomfortable or disheartened.
- The instructor will not shout at the pupil or make any sarcastic or derogatory remarks.
- You can be assured that the instructor will not use improper language or suggestive behaviour and/or physical contact.
- The pupil must take not of any medication they are taking which may affect their ability to drive safely and advise the instructor accordingly before taking any lesson booked.
- In the event that it becomes apparent that the pupil is unable to concentrate due to illness, tiredness or their emotional state, the instructor reserves the right to terminate the lesson early or will require the pupils agreement to choose an alternative learning activity which can been undertaken safely.
Bookings and payments
- Lessons will always be paid for in advance of lesson commencement. This will secure the lessons in the instructor’s diary.
- All block bookings are non-refundable once lessons have been mutually agreed by you and instructor and placed in the instructor’s diary.
- You are required to make payment for courses or driving lessons in advance of the training.
- To book a course a 50% deposit or full course fee (if the course start date is within 4 weeks of the booking date) is required. Any remaining balance for course booking must be paid no later than two weeks before the first lesson commences.
- The deposit or any subsequent training fees paid are non-refundable in the event you decide to cancel the training once the booking has been accepted by the instructor and placed in their diary. At this point a binding agreement is made between you and the instructor.
Lessons and Tests
- We at Clare’s School of Motoring will not be held responsible for any mechanical breakdown during lessons or whilst out on a driving test.
- We cannot be held responsible for any driving tests that are cancelled or postponed by DVSA.
- A driving test may only be booked with full consent of the instructor. If this does not occur, the instructor reserves the right to withdraw/refuse the tuition vehicle for the driving test.
Cancellations and Postponement
- Minimum period of 48 hours is required if you wish to cancel or change your driving lesson to help cut down the costs of the business. If you fail to give sufficient notice you will be charged the full lesson fee. If, however, you cancel inside this period but the instructor has other lesson slot available in the same week these will be offered to you. If accepted by you the lesson will be rescheduled to the available lesson slot and no fee will be charged.
- The instructor reserves the right to refuse a driving lesson if they believe the pupil is under the influence of alcohol or any other substance that may contravene road safety. In this case the pupil will be charged the full lesson fee.
- The instructor reserves the right to postpone lessons if they consider the weather or road conditions to be unsuitable or dangerous.
- Unfortunately, the instructor cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of them having to postpone any lessons for whatever reason.
- You, the pupil are advised to be punctual for your lesson appointments.
- The instructor would normally wait for a maximum of 15 minutes before the lesson would be abandoned and the lesson fee forfeited. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if they are delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. They will make up any lesson time lost as a result of this at the end of the normal lesson time or as soon as possible.
- The instructor also reverses the right to rearrange the lesson to a time convenient to you and the instructor, if the allowed time expires.